Friday, December 17, 2010

Psalm 119:29

"Remove the false way from me, and graciously grant me your law." Psalm 119:29

What if this were our prayer?

We all have the tendancy to operate out of false motives, or at the very least we tend to decieve ourselves. All I know is that I want to operate in truth. It seems that this is a function of God and His Word. So the action step is not just to pray that God would do for you as David asks, it is that, in addition, we must seek the Lord and be in His Word.

Psalm 119:10-" With all my heart I have sought you"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that this is not really an answer - well I guess you really don;t ask a question but.....

I wonder - do we really want truth?

I think of the scene in John 18 - JESUS is standing before Pilate.....Pilate is standing looking at JESUS - the WORD - the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE.....and Pilate asks in answer to JESUS'answer, "Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came
I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice."......

How did Pilate respond, "What is the truth?"

Does this not boggle your mind? Do we look, at times, at or into the TRUTH - the WORD - JESUS - and not see and then turn away......

May we, when we look in the WORD, see, hear and know the the truth - may we abide in HIM.....AMEN!

MAY GOD open our eye and ears - MAY GOD bless each one of us with hope, peace, joy and love as we seek HIM.....

diane

Richard Bridgan said...

Amen! And David's life allows us to see in him the true humility expressed in these words, the words of one who attempted to extricate himself from his sinful dilemma using unlawful means, deceit and pious fraud.

Here we also find that God's law, often misrepresented through juxtaposition with grace, is implored by the Psalmist to be granted by Yehovah's grace as a special token of His Divine favor!

My Favorite Books

  • The Forgotten God
  • What is Reformed Theology
  • James Patterson Books
  • Communicating For Change
  • The Reformation Study Bible
  • The Best ? Ever