Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Massah and Meribah

In reading the Scriptures this a.m. I cam across These two words. They are found in Exodus 17. They mean "Massah"-(Testing) and "Meribah" (complaining) . The Israelites had been doing this since God had saved them and had brought them out of Egypt. It seems amazing to us that they would do this, since God had showed himself to be so powerful and since God had provided them with everything they had needed. I am about to read more tomorrow and I think Moses is about to get in trouble. One last thought.
I am sure glad that we never act this way. I just finished thinking how wonderful it is that we, including me never test God, , we never complain that He is not doing things the way we would like Him to. We never blame Him when life is difficult. How encouraging it is to read a passage and to be able to say, "wow we have come such a long way from that"!-

No comments:

My Favorite Books

  • The Forgotten God
  • What is Reformed Theology
  • James Patterson Books
  • Communicating For Change
  • The Reformation Study Bible
  • The Best ? Ever